View Single Post

02.25.2014 , 06:42 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramalina View Post
No we shouldn't be doing their jobs for them (unless they're paying us), but I think you may underestimate how difficult it can be to get a computer to do what any grown human can easily do at a glance.

Computers can do addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division very rapidly. Turning that ability into something that resembles intelligent decision making, for instance figuring out if Fliesintorocks really isn't contributing or is just a really bad pilot in a bomber, is not all that easy. It's even worse, because the computer will do exactly what you tell it to do and not the really obvious thing that you meant it to do and which any halfway sensible person would have understood the context and gotten right.
I dont really need a lesson on what a computer can and cant do. I have been a professional software developer for 12 years

The extremely lazy fixes on everything lately (not just gsf) can only mean one of two things. Either they have severely cut the team down or they have focused the real devs on new content and they have the scrubs doing maintenance.
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...