View Single Post

CaliJoe
02.25.2014 , 12:31 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
If this is a short term solution while they work on a better long term solution, I think it's fine. Two spawn points won't stop all spawn camping, as good teams will still be able to cover both, but it'll be a rare team that can do so effectively. The turret tactics used in TDM are a more immediate problem than Domination, so it make sense to patch it for now. (Like I said, so long as they are working on a better long term solution.)

I think the better long term solution would be protected spawn areas you can't re-enter like ground PvP instances have. Although I don't have a problem with people using them for cover so long as the mechanics work that way (it's PvP, so use what you have) I really don't like any "safe retreat" zone existing in a PvP instance.
I initially thought that GSF was going to have this PVP feature. You get ejected out of the spawn area with no go-backs. This should be implemented as well in GSF.
Wild speculation on forums? When does that happen? The Harbinger - Fumanshu Legacy
Repub: Jafaean(Arms), Zelgen(Artifice), Espellah(Cyber), Jabender(Synthweave)
Imp: Vindrock(Armor), Antshell(BioChem), Li'Larish, Kenevil