View Single Post

Jandi
02.24.2014 , 03:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
The more problematic tactic I've seen is one team setting up a protected zone immediately in front of their spawn area with bombers, and filling it with gunships. With one approach covered by one shot AI turrets, and little to no cover to approach them from the sides, turtle tactics like that make TDM matches gunship grinds.

All that said, I think I'm going to reverse my thoughts on this one, as it just occurred to me that this change will allow bombers to plant massive mine fields immediately over the spawn point, killing you as you emerge. With that tactic, it's totally possible to cover both spawn points and literally farm teams as they emerge. Combining drones and mines will make it impossible to boost away from the kill zone before being targeted.

Unless I am missing something, I expect to see this happening in every lopsided TDM match out there...
Yeah cause mines do 10k damage a pop, right? A fleet of bombers would be slaughtered by any half-competent assortment of pilots as there is literally no cover whatsoever anywhere near the cap ships.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.