View Single Post

02.22.2014 , 06:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Markviper View Post
So what you are saying is, if I want to play a real dogfighting class in a deathmatch game, that I have to first get three different powerups just to have a CHANCE at doing ANYTHING at all. So get three powerups... run in to the ocean of gunships and mines... kill one maybe two enemies... then get tagged by 4 other railguns since I'll be the only person trying to take them out in a role I enjoy playing. Or I can not try to do that, sit around all day in the hopes that someone will fly to a spot that I can attack them and not get an entire fleet of railguns aimed at me simultaneously and get non contributing debuff. Or I can go with the direction that this game is going, grab a gunship, join the sniperfest and be bored to death all match. Sounds fun and tactical. Yes I occasionally get a match where there is an actual brawl and only 1 or 2 gunships per side and can actually have fun in a huge dogfight but those are becoming far and few, the vast majority are becoming nothing but sniper standoffs.
No, if you want to have a chance against an ocean of them all bunched though, of course you need to do something special. And I did say "preferably"... Again, it shouldn't need to be spoon fed to you. And I'll tell you - if you're only doing 1 or 2 GS with an overcharge, let someone else on your team pick it up. IMHO power-ups are for the faster ships, its part of the balance for the Gunship/bombers - works well but you need to play to it. I had a streak of 11 of the sods tonight, lucky sure... ran into a second overcharge on my way out of it. An overcharge on it's own will do, but those three together... even better!