View Single Post

Beslley
02.04.2014 , 12:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Krewel View Post
If Blizzard can't please hardcore raiders, then Bioware certainly can't please anyone ... just sayin' lol

Right now SWTOR is simply too "unfocused", everything is half-cocked, including their new brainchild GSF. Just the fact that they're splitting DF and DP NiM into two separate patches speaks volumes about their capacity (or lack thereof) for multi-tasking.

On top of that, there's also this latest trend of "tactical" flashpoints in which derp reigns supreme and in which tanks and healers are going the way of the dodo. SWTOR seems to be all over the place, trying to focus on so many thing but in the end delivering a mediocre MMO across the board.
SWTOR is a jack of all trades, master of none for sure. We've got "meh" PvP, "meh" raiding, and a "meh" space minigame. The only place it really shines is in the class stories, but considering we're probably not going to get any more than we already have, I'm gonna call that a big "meh", too.

The disappointing part is that SWTOR's PvE has improved significantly over its lifetime, but splitting the tier is just a monumentally bad move. It pleases neither players not good enough to do NiM content (they will be bored because there are no new raids), or players who crave the NiM challenge.

I don't know if they're doing it because they want to artificially gate progression or if it's because they honestly don't have the manpower to release all the bosses at once, but either way it's not a good sign.

Say what you want about WoW, but the fact that it's still got the best raiding game out of the MMO's I've played is impressive, though I won't deny that the game overall feels like it's declined significantly since the "glory days".
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT