View Single Post

spudik
01.31.2014 , 03:32 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
And that running to tank, well most of tanks don't mind but once I got angry Caps Lock response about passing my problems to him he tried to kick me, but that time DPS prevented it. But I'll propably do better now when I know not put pre-heals
Oh my... you must really be Bad luck Brian aren't you? :P
Don't mind those A-holes only time it is in fact a healers fault is, when there is damage to whole group that can't be avoided by ANY means and you can't heal through it. All the other times? Look at them. If there is a single add on heal somebody else screwed up.

For the Cademimu part, well any of the FPs past lvl 28ish or something will have some kind of mechanic. If you are new to MMOs and especialy doing the FP for first time. You should always mention it. On the Last boss in Cademimu the Tank died because he screwed the mechanic, as somebody else said. You are not supposed to stand in a fire. This applies to 70% of all other fights in game, But in ¨most of the others you see a red circle on the ground instead of fire being launched on your head :P

For the Operative healing. My main is Sawbones scoundrel and I can tell you. Before hitting lvl 45 or so you actually want the HoT pre-casted before the fight on you and Tank. because your HoTs are your main Tactical Advantage generator. Even after that level (because up there is a talent that grants 2 TA when u exit stealth) you still want to HoT the Tank and your self at least. There quite a few fights where u want/need to keep it on whole party but having them on Tank is a must 100% of the time. It is his job to mitigate the threat you do on mobs by it. Our HoT is like a Sages bubble. You wouldn't start combat without it would you? :P That being said, my typical thrash pull begins with HoTing me and Tank, then I crouch in the cover and use my free Blaster Shot and occasional Charged Burst/Snipe (But mind your energy, never cast it when below 100) to help kill weak adds. And when Tank or some1 drops below 60-50% then I actualy start using other heals.

Last thing, when u get the unwanted attention. Both Sage and Operative gets a skill on lvl 30 (I think) that has 45s CD and when you use it any other time it looks like it does nothing BUT when you look on the actual description, you will see that it REDUCES THREAT. basicaly making the mobs attack the next guy who has second highest threat on the NPC. "Cloud Mind" is the skill for Sage and "Countermeasures" for Operative. Op then has a combat stealth which is the ultimate threat drop, as it sets your threat on 0. As someone said though if you aggroed by your HoT ticking on DPS and they don't attack the mob before you return to combat, they will be back on you.

Feel free to pm me if u have any questions, or if u happen to play on Tomb of Freedon Nadd whisp me/mail me in game :P
Irisen Shadow 55 Irissen Guardian 55
Caleth Scoundrel 55 Halb Sentinel 55
Located at Tomb of Freedon Nadd as officer of CZ/SK guild
>>Havoc Squadron<<