View Single Post

01.27.2014 , 04:55 PM | #114
Oh, forgot to post my opinions on the 50th!

I do think The Day of the Doctor could be my favorite episode of all time. I feared it could be excessive fan candy, but it was a wonderful story which made me love the character of the Doctor all over again. John hurt made for a wonderful Doctor, and Tom's cameo was utterly divine! I was lucky enough to see him live at the 50th Celebration convention on the anniversary day itself, what a legend! I didn't get to meet him unfortunately, but I did meet and have my photo taken with my favorite Doctor Matt Smith, who was utterly charming!

I really liked Time of the Doctor. It was a fitting ending for my favorite Doctor. I loved how it capture some of that fairytale magic which S5 had in bundles, but was lacking a bit in S6 & S7. I do think, however, that it was perhaps a bit to short. It tried to wrap up a lot of things in just an hour, and while it did work overall, it would have been nicer if they spent a bit more time on certain details (Such as how the Silence managed to destroy the TARDIS). I also adored the actual regeneration. I like how it was the opposites of Tennant's, a celebration of his life as the Doctor with less self-indulgence. His final words were my favorite and very beautiful, and it was such a job to see Amy one final time. What I also really liked was the 'flash' change form Matt to Peter. Recent regenerations have been dragged out sometimes, so I like how it was such a swift and shocking change. Loved Peter's entrance, I am confident that he is going to be a fantastic Doctor.

Talking about Peter... the BBC has just revealed his new outfit! I like it. It fits Capaldi well. I do think perhaps it could use a top hat or something, but like Matt's it can evolve.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora