Livestream - 1/24 Cancelled

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We had a really strange occurrence today, Texas actually got hit by something resembling winter. It is not at all like the winter I am used to from Pennsylvania, but certainly enough to create some problems. Due to the weather we will be postponing this weeks livestream.

Thanks for your understanding everyone!

-eric

Don't take this personally or anything, but assuming we're talking about the Austin area, I can't find any webcam showing weather that'd count as an excuse :rolleyes:

I saw a report of ice and numerous accidents. Don't forget this is Texas we are talking about. People in southern states do not know how to drive on ice and snow. Luckily it will probably melt very soon...

Might I suggest catching a ride with your hillbilly neighbor that has the 33inch mud tires on his 1978 F150? Surely he'd relish a bit of a challenging drive :p

Heh. That normally would work for just about anything down here, but... we can't handle ice.

The last time we had a hard freeze down here, we set a record for the number of car accidents in the morning rush hour.

Apparently, it is not the mud tires or the truck. It's that fact that we think that slick means more throttle and turning will eventually happen if we just keep the wheel turned come what may.

Don't take this personally or anything, but assuming we're talking about the Austin area, I can't find any webcam showing weather that'd count as an excuse :rolleyes:

I'm in Austin and schools, roads, and business are closed. That is what happens when we have a little ice down here and dip down near freezing temps. We all freak out and stay home because nobody knows how to drive on ice.

I saw a report of ice and numerous accidents. Don't forget this is Texas we are talking about. People in southern states do not know how to drive on ice and snow. Luckily it will probably melt very soon...

This.

I lived a couple years in Austin, Texas winter is 40 at night 60 during the day. besides is not actually snow it's ice.

What happens is that it first rains then it freezes. Frozen roads and people that can't drive in winter weather is not a good combination. Stay warm :D

Hey folks,

We had a really strange occurrence today, Texas actually got hit by something resembling winter. It is not at all like the winter I am used to from Pennsylvania, but certainly enough to create some problems. Due to the weather we will be postponing this weeks livestream.

-eric

Y U DO DIS TO US

My body was so reggie for the stream! We were gonna start the POT5 Musco choo choo train and everything!

I think y'all in texas ought to man up like the rest of us still in the North ;)

In all seriousness, stay safe and enjoy your day off, you lucky person >_>

NW PA native here btw. Yesterday I was too lazy to brush the snow off my windshield after work, so I turned on the wipers and let the wind take care of the rest. NOT A SINGLE CARE WAS GIVEN

Texas? Cowboy fans are all too familiar with big freezes (Romo).

The good news is that Texas has plenty of ice to put on that burn!

Edited by Beslley

Hey folks,

-eric

As I sit here in Chicago with the -25 wind chills, I somehow have a distinct lack of sympathy for your 33 Degrees. :jawa_tongue:

Heh. That normally would work for just about anything down here, but... we can't handle ice.

The last time we had a hard freeze down here, we set a record for the number of car accidents in the morning rush hour.

Apparently, it is not the mud tires or the truck. It's that fact that we think that slick means more throttle and turning will eventually happen if we just keep the wheel turned come what may.

Oh I'm from Texas, and currently live in Seattle, I know all about not being ready for icy conditions. I just like the idea of seeing Eric in a hillbilly rig sliding around Austin.

Oh I'm from Texas, and currently live in Seattle, I know all about not being ready for icy conditions. I just like the idea of seeing Eric in a hillbilly rig sliding around Austin.

Lol! Fair enough.

Since he is here in Austin, I bet he has some hillbilly duds in the closet somewhere. Or... at the very minimum a straw hat and some boots. Probably goes to the rodeo too.

I'm in Austin and schools, roads, and business are closed. That is what happens when we have a little ice down here and dip down near freezing temps. We all freak out and stay home because nobody knows how to drive on ice.

QFT, I live in Texas and this is 100% true. The only ice we know how to handle here is in our sweet tea.

Might I suggest catching a ride with your hillbilly neighbor that has the 33inch mud tires on his 1978 F150? Surely he'd relish a bit of a challenging drive :p

Actually in Texas they are normally the ones doing the most donuts while driving down the street, and spinning their wheels at every stop light/sign. I miss Texas.