View Single Post

01.02.2014 , 08:37 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
No problem, I was just suggesting a compromise, since the Lore enforcers still raise their hackles at this one, not sure why, but they still do.

Personally I don't care what someone wears or equips, so long as it's not totally tacky. Hell, I even suggested the Keyblade from Kingdom hearts once, so I'm not going to get on my high horse (unless someone creates a courser mount from the Bahzell Bahnakson books(you either get this reference or you don't)).
As a major Lore head, I can say that it's not the Black crystals that bug us. Black crystals are totally acceptable. It's when people ask for the Darksaber, the unique, ONE-OF-IT'S-KIND legendary lightsaber, that gets my Nerd Rage running. The Mandolorians stole it from the temple and have kept it hidden until the Clone Wars. To suddenly see it on the Cartel Market or seeing thousands on the fleet is not just lore breaking, it's very tacky and trivializes the value of the Darksaber. Not to mention that if the Mandos were discovered to possess the most powerful lightsaber in the galaxy this whole time and not hand it over to the Sith, Mandolore would have burned to cinders and every Bounty Hunter would be killed on sight.

Black crystals: Cool. People have been trying to recreate the Darksaber's power for centuries. It makes sense to see them.

Darksaber: Not cool. You should not have one. Breaks lore into billions of pieces and I will not play a game were Lore is treated as such.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.