View Single Post

Docmal
12.28.2013 , 08:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
I don't really know what you're talking about. My raid group has had both ops on farm status since the second week and the bosses never changed, they've been killable since release. If you are having trouble with the fight, you must be using a wrong strategy. People are way too quick to call fights bugged, a lot of the times it is a boss mechanic they don't understand. It's much easier if you just adjust your own tactic instead of waiting for Bioware to fix or nerf something.
Just because a fight is passable doesnt mean it is not bugged. My group has had this all on farm for many weeks but are also aware of all the bugs.

For Raptus, it looks like you are entering the challenge at the wrong time. Tanks and healers should go in immediately, DPS have to wait 20-30 seconds before entering their challenge. That way, the timers of the boss will be aligned differently and you won't have problems with his aggro drop and Rising Slash. Both are boss mechanics, designed to have the group be aware of when they are entering the challenge, and I don't want Bioware to nerf them for groups that don't understand them.
I honestly dont know what entering the challenge has to do with rising slash. Maybe you are thinking of spinning slash? Rising slash is one of his knock up abilities put on tanks.

Regardless the threat on this fight is really messed up but mostly it is because your tanks get an armor buff and threat debuff from the crystal. The best way to combat this is to taunt fluff constantly. Also we always tank swap after force execution cause it hits hard and is usualy followed by a hard rising slash.

For Tyrans, you are also just having problems with timers. Tyrans only changes his position during certain times, so have both tanks always stand so that even if the boss stays at the old position, you won't have a problem. For example, he won't change position when he is in the middle of a cast, and he won't change position right before Inferno or Thundering Blast. Sometimes, it looks like he is already at the other tank but will then shortly jump back to the first tank, and go back to the other tank. I am not sure if this could be a bug, but if your tanks are standing in the right spot, you'll never have a problem with Thundering Blast hitting the raid.
Again... This fight is doable but very bugged. It is incredibly frustrating to have tyrans move to a different platform even if the tank who has agro has not moved. Jerba is explaining things that have nothing to do with the problems that really occur on this fight with position. My current theory is that it has something to do with latency. Anyway, i found it best to keep tyrans on one spot and have the tanks swap on that spot then run simplification away.
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...