Vorpal's Official Midnight-Black Crystal Request Thread...

Vorpaledged

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, don't remember any talk about Pure Black Crystals around the games launch. Haven't even seen any screenshots, posts or links of an existing All-Black Crystal, you could be right but I haven't seen any proof to make me think otherwise. I do still have some of my Pre-Order, Black-Yellow ones though. Edited by Vorpaledged

Hmm, don't remember any talk about Pure Black Crystals around the games launch. Haven't even seen any screenshots, posts or links of an existing All-Black Crystal, you could be right but I haven't seen any proof to make think otherwise. I do still have some of my Pre-Order, Black-Yellow ones though.

It was a long time ago. All I remember is people got upset that a pure color crystal got retired after three months in game. Dunno if they were black, but I know it wasn't the ones we have now.

Oh yeah, that crystal.

I heard a story about that one - don't know how true it is, mind. It's said the guy was given a black-core, white-crystal after Bioware accidentally deleted his character. Otherwise, it's supposedly GM-only.

Maybe it was the Advanced White Crystals? I know they were absent for a while before bringing them back for about a week or two before patch 1.2 went live. They were then taken out again, until the Cartel Market's first shipment packs offered a chance to get them. Edited by Vorpaledged

yeah, that was the story. back before 1.2 they did the pure white crystals and a few peeps accidentally deleted theirs. when they put in a ticket, some of them got black core / white aura crystals as replacements. there has been a quiet clamor for this mythic crystal ever since. several data miners have turned up the black//white crystals in the code, as well as a few others that have yet to be seen in game anywhere.

all that said, I agree that this black/black concept would be most welcome. the black white would be moar welcomer :rak_09:

Black-Black Lightsaber crystal was made in EARLY ALPHA of the game before stats were put on crystals.

http://www.torhead.com/item/8TVgXAE/black-crystal

Now then, The crystal you are all asking about from what I see is the Black-White. http://www.torhead.com/item/4hq6qnD/advanced-black-white-hawkeye-crystal

These crystals were added back during the HK-51 Section X along with the Black-Cyan and Black-Magenta and also the Legacy Bound Cyan and Purple crystals.

Now, besides the picture I can confirm these crystals are legitimate. I actually had a GM restore my Purple Hawkeye and gave me the Legacy Bound version so I can have a purple crystal on a sith lowbie at lvl 7 if I wanted.

Now these yet to be seen in-game black cores are not public, they could be released to the game via future content. or etc.

Legend has it that the pure white crystal was an exploit achieved once a player did some method similar to getting a magenta crystal during the middle stages of the war we still fight. The black crystal was never truly seen, but there were skilled ones called data miners who were able to break down the code of existence to find things that bioware did not want us to see. After sometime though the white crystal was made available as young jedi began to notice a master jedi right outside of the temple on tython that was infact wielding a white or silver(whatever) lightsaber -and still is- to hold a flesheater at bay alongside a team of other jedi and troopers. Take from this what you will. Edited by WizzDilla

Please sign and comment in this thread if you desire a Pure Black Crystal implemented in-game!

It's not the worst idea, maybe if they made them extremely Rare drop in cartel packs, like five or six per month per server, then they wouldn't offend those who say they are virtually non-existant lorewise.

Edited by AlexDougherty

It's not the worst idea, maybe if they made them extremely Rare drop in cartel packs, like five or six per month per server, then they wouldn't offend those who say they are virtually non-existant lorewise.

I just don't get the lore argument anymore - I mean, aren't we past that? We have Jedi Masters in pink/purple bikinis running around and we want to start quibbling about whether black crystals are lore??

If lore is important to you, wear something lore-appropriate, but I think everyone should be able to choose the gear they want.

Sorry, not having a go at you, Alex, I know you weren't saying this, I just see this argument a lot and I think we have traveled so far over the line, it's really not worth worrying about it.

Sorry, not having a go at you, Alex, I know you weren't saying this, I just see this argument a lot and I think we have traveled so far over the line, it's really not worth worrying about it.

No problem, I was just suggesting a compromise, since the Lore enforcers still raise their hackles at this one, not sure why, but they still do.

Personally I don't care what someone wears or equips, so long as it's not totally tacky. Hell, I even suggested the Keyblade from Kingdom hearts once, so I'm not going to get on my high horse (unless someone creates a courser mount from the Bahzell Bahnakson books(you either get this reference or you don't)).

No problem, I was just suggesting a compromise, since the Lore enforcers still raise their hackles at this one, not sure why, but they still do.

Personally I don't care what someone wears or equips, so long as it's not totally tacky. Hell, I even suggested the Keyblade from Kingdom hearts once, so I'm not going to get on my high horse (unless someone creates a courser mount from the Bahzell Bahnakson books(you either get this reference or you don't)).

As a major Lore head, I can say that it's not the Black crystals that bug us. Black crystals are totally acceptable. It's when people ask for the Darksaber, the unique, ONE-OF-IT'S-KIND legendary lightsaber, that gets my Nerd Rage running. The Mandolorians stole it from the temple and have kept it hidden until the Clone Wars. To suddenly see it on the Cartel Market or seeing thousands on the fleet is not just lore breaking, it's very tacky and trivializes the value of the Darksaber. Not to mention that if the Mandos were discovered to possess the most powerful lightsaber in the galaxy this whole time and not hand it over to the Sith, Mandolore would have burned to cinders and every Bounty Hunter would be killed on sight.

Black crystals: Cool. People have been trying to recreate the Darksaber's power for centuries. It makes sense to see them.

Darksaber: Not cool. You should not have one. Breaks lore into billions of pieces and I will not play a game were Lore is treated as such.

/signed

Please put this in the game. BUT, make it earn-able like the Taun Taun on Hoth as well as Cartel Coin purchase. Give us two ways to get it, one that doesn't involve Cartel Coins or ridiculous prices on the GTN.

NO, on this idea of making it super rare. Why does everything need to be rare and ridiculous prices on GTN? Cant we just have some things for once? How about Sub only heh? Yes, that sounds better.

Edited by DarthVengeant