View Single Post

Prototypemind
12.24.2013 , 12:25 PM | #134
Hilarious. The skeleton crew of remaining devs--compared to when this all began--put in the work to bring something different, something you won't experience a variation of in most other MMOs not particularly dedicated to space combat, and so many choose to disparage it. Is it perfect, no. I don't even play it, but it is a fun addition for a lot of players.

We have the additions of Makeb and Oricon, Bounty Hunter Week, GSF, the continuation of the Gree, Czerka with a rewarding weekly if nothing else, Rakghouls coming back at some point, new speeders, gear, etc. On top of that, there have been HUGE optimization improvements in the engine and graphics in just the past few months. I really don't know why I'm posting this as others have already done so repeatedly and been ignored by those who just want to whine because this or that isn't exactly how they want it.

If you're playing this game when what you want is a space combat based MMO, why did you ever sub in the first place? People say I'm going to go play this, or this game does it better, but there's really not anything else out there that tries to offer as much diversity with a coherent, cohesive storyline, mostly polished graphics, continuous development, real world interaction and q&a--Cantina Events--and on top of it lore based off of a series that remains so popular.

Anyway, I'm preaching to the choir here. Those who enjoy the game see its flaws and still appreciate it for what it is. Some will never be satisfied, and others burn through content and move on, so it is what it is.