View Single Post

Maeloda
12.23.2013 , 02:17 PM | #734
1. Class Story. I don't care what Bioware says - I want more story for the specific classes. If they can't do entire Class Arcs, I'd still want branches to stories (planets, etc) based on my class. If they can't do that, then just have a few significant specific quests that are class exclusive, even if there is no longer more lengthy class stories.

But do SOMETHING. Makeb is what I consider to be '1/2 an expansion', because it is mostly only reflective of faction, not class. Improve on this, BW...

2. Companions. Ideally, I want more companions stories/arcs/interactions/features, based on the *existing* ones. It doesn't have to be done all at once. In one patch, only 1/5 of the companions needs story additions (1x8 = 8 additions). Give us more romances, companion specific missions, more abilities for them, customization, etc. Again, it doesn't have to be done all at once, but just make sure every class have something new to do with their companions. As a Consular, I'd really like Zenith (regardless of whatever cost it may take to use Troy Baker more, haha) to become a m/m romance option (sorry ladies!), or at least get a new story addition where upon completion, might open up a new weapon type to him or ability. Again, like with class stories, just do SOMETHING good.

3. Planets. This is a constant. I always like new planets. 2-3 per year is good. 2012 was a big disappointment here, but 2013 with Makeb and Oricon (and kinda CZ-198), was 2/3-3/4 what I'd want every year . Good job, and with the possible datamined planet names, I'm optimistic about 2014.

4. Mini-games. Pazaak and Pod Racing in particular, but also more. Integrate them into the existing world, cantinas, etc. I'd love to hang around a Corusant cantina, and see other players come into it due to a daily/weekly quest to play pazaak in a tournament in randomized planets.

5. Other. Simply, I want much more use out of the existing game world. Things like the Bounty Hunting Week is a nice start, but I want whole new mini-story arcs (several missions) that make use of existing planets and locations more. The assets are there, so use em! And by this, I mean new sub-zones and story, not just 'kill x'. And new story should also not be filler, but just be new Lv 55 (or maybe Lv 60 soon enough??) areas.
I haven't done Makeb yet but it seems that some content for RotHC involves going to Lv 55 areas of planets? I like that, at least in itself; I'll have to try it when I get there.

My main request is that Bioware, on top of making new locations and content, should also use existing things as well, in order to enforce a more interesting continuity. Adding a new companion like Treek is something I accept, but I much more prefer they add more interactions, choice+consequence (romance, friendship, rivalry, sidestories), and customization with the existing ones. Adding a new planet for dailies is something I accept, but I much more prefer either entirely new planets for the main story arc, or adding new important areas/maps/subzones to the lower level planets.

I'd give launch SWTOR a 6.5/10, 2012 SWTOR a 7/10, and 2013 SWTOR a 7.5/10. I hope to one day give this game a 8.5/10 (9.0+ seems unlikely, as I'm far too nitpicky with certain things)