I confess that I have done nothing wrong

Einobi

I received in my account the benefits of referring a friend, although I have never refer any friend to this game at all.

I have done nothing at all with this friend referral thing and yet I benefit from it. I don't know why.

I take this as a goodwill from bioware and will support swtor as much as I can going forward. It is this type of goodwill that bioware should be building up with its customer base (instead of always thinking about how to squeeze $ out of customer first), even though it may not be intended in the current case.

I received in my account the benefits of referring a friend, although I have never refer any friend to this game at all.

I have done nothing at all with this friend referral thing and yet I benefit from it. I don't know why.

I take this as a goodwill from bioware and will support swtor as much as I can going forward. It is this type of goodwill that bioware should be building up with its customer base (instead of always thinking about how to squeeze $ out of customer first), even though it may not be intended in the current case.

One person starts a thread apologizing for exploiting in the hope of getting away with it, and now more people are starting them.

I hope you get banned, because I bet you posted your link somewhere.

embrace yourself, confession storm is comming.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ A million times this!

Edited by ChewyYui

You haven't done anything wrong, you're a subscriber, you clicked a link and you were given 7 days game time, it's a bug.

I hope you get banned, because I bet you posted your link somewhere.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ A million times this!

I have done nothing wrong. The dev can go through their database and look at ALL my postings/transactions to see whether I had tried to exploit anything. The fact is I have not. I don't understand your hatred here. Seriously I don't understand you.

I have done nothing wrong. The dev can go through their database and look at ALL my postings/transactions to see whether I had tried to exploit anything. The fact is I have not. I don't understand your hatred here. Seriously I don't understand you.

Sorry, Maybe i misread your post and thought you was posting your referral link to others. If you haven't , and clicked one of them by mistake, there should not be action taken, except maybe the cartel parcel taken back.

Sorry again for confusion

honestly as person who gave out his ref link you cant even say if someone was a sub or not. and this hate is not comming for that u gave your ref to some1 (hell i did it myself just not in the way of stupid thread spam) - just because now you're like "omg pls me no comprende, pls no ban me pls devs pls"

why in hell u even post such a crap? they didnt even make official statement, i bet they dont even know (or we are mistaken) thats something is screwed up. in the end if not the people who gave away their links either game/forum/fp we would never know that something is not all right. intentions might have been right, rewards felt good... now the question is if EA/BW will be "grateful" or not.

Edited by RaptorClown

Same thing happened to me. I clicked a link somewhere, and then got an in-game email with some goodies (that I haven't used) next time I logged in. The whole thing was pretty confusing to be honest. :confused:

Edited by CmdrShpd

i recentley came back, clicked a random link dont feel guilty about it at all lol and u shouldnt either. there is literally no "law" "rule" saying you cant do that, not to mention they even want ppl to do it and as we all know once u post something let's say on facebook... its there...forever.

and tbh

i paid for the game like 60-70$ at beginning 2 years ago... now its free - for me its EA who screwed us over not the other way around.

Edited by RaptorClown

i recentley came back, clicked a random link dont feel guilty about it at all lol and u shouldnt either. there is literally no "law" "rule" saying you cant do that, not to mention they even want ppl to do it and as we all know once u post something let's say on facebook... its there...forever.

it was an accident and they shouldn't give people who clicked the link trouble. but BW proably should claw back that free time. I know I'd be fine if they did that to me as I clicked on the link not realizing what it was

why in hell u even post such a crap? they didnt even make official statement, i bet they dont even know (or we are mistaken) thats something is screwed up. in the end if not the people who gave away their links either game/forum/fp we would never know that something is not all right. intentions might have been right, rewards felt good... now the question is if EA/BW will be "grateful" or not.

Honesty is my policy. If you had gone through my previous post, I had also confessed previously that they have given me additional cc for the month which I am not entitled to. I emailed their support to take those cc back. But their support just do a copy-and-paste reply and asked me to call their support instead. I am not based in US, therefore I cannot call their support. So, my confession is not an admission of guilt or anything. Knowing something is wrong but keeping silent about it is just not the way I would like to live my life. I rather be open about it. I didn't ask for it and I don't need to carry this 'burden' with me.

Sorry, Maybe i misread your post and thought you was posting your referral link to others. If you haven't , and clicked one of them by mistake, there should not be action taken, except maybe the cartel parcel taken back.

Sorry again for confusion

Its misunderstanding. Its all good when it is clarified.

it was an accident and they shouldn't give people who clicked the link trouble. but BW proably should claw back that free time. I know I'd be fine if they did that to me as I clicked on the link not realizing what it was

Here's what I find crazy...

Random strangers told people to click a link. And they clicked it.

Like, is it your first day on the internet?

Actually I have this friend who is a Nigerian prince and he just died and left me $30 million, but I can't get it out of the country, so if all of you link-clickers could just give me your bank account details, then I'll give you 10%. Sound good? I'll bet it does, you crazy people!

DON'T CLICK A LINK BECAUSE SOME STRANGER TELLS YOU TO.

There, all our problems have been solved. I mean really, I kind of want to come round your houses and install some childproofing on your computers. What the hell else have you been clicking on?

Edited by CrazyMcGee

Same. Well I knew it was supposedly for 7 Sub days. I didn't realise there was cartel market rewards involved or that this was a glitch or whatever. Bioware can roll me back to preferred and delete my toon I was playing if they feel the need to.

Actually I have this friend who is a Nigerian prince and he just died and left me $30 million, but I can't get it out of the country, so if all of you link-clickers could just give me your bank account details, then I'll give you 10%. Sound good? I'll bet it does, you crazy people!

DON'T CLICK A LINK BECAUSE SOME STRANGER TELLS YOU TO.

There, all our problems have been solved. I mean really, I kind of want to come round your houses and install some childproofing on your computers. What the hell else have you been clicking on?

Its not like we don't understand this. The link I believe starts with 'http://www.swtor.com/...". I always check before clicking on any link. I verified that it is indeed a swtor link and want to find out the latest promo that I clicked on it. Its not any anonymous link that is the case as you have indicated.

Its not like we don't understand this. The link I believe starts with 'http://www.swtor.com/...". I always check before clicking on any link. I verified that it is indeed a swtor link and want to find out the latest promo that I clicked on it. Its not any anonymous link that is the case as you have indicated.

I didn't say it was an anonymous link, I said it was a link from a random stranger. And you do know that internet scammers make links that look legit all the time, right?? Have you never had e-mails that came "from Facebook" and had a nice legit looking logo for you to click on and enter your account details??

Oh god, you probably have and you probably clicked on it.

I didn't say it was an anonymous link, I said it was a link from a random stranger. And you do know that internet scammers make links that look legit all the time, right?? Have you never had e-mails that came "from Facebook" and had a nice legit looking logo for you to click on and enter your account details??

Oh god, you probably have and you probably clicked on it.

All those promo emails coming from supposedly SWTOR.com has links in it. (It can be faked too). If that is the case as you have alluded, we should not clicked on those even. I am not saying you are wrong. You are very safe indeed. But I would take some calculated risk and because I have been constantly clicking on swtor links to keep myself abreast of the latest development, I am able to take part in many of its events/promo.

This is EAware's screw up. It's up to them to clean it up.

And for the record, I've posted my referral link all over facebook last week and even in my sig now. You know what rewards I've gotten? NONE. ZILCH. NOTHING. Because you don't get rewarded until the person SUBS.

Hell, the only reason I'm subbeed is I saw someone else' referral link ON THE SWTOR FACEBOOK PAGE WHERE EVERYONE ELSE LIST THEIRS AS WELL, and thought what the hell. I came back, enjoyed playing as a temporary sub ( it only gave me 6 days, not 7 ) and so I resubbed so the guy who's referral I used would get his nice shiny as thanks for bringing me back.

Are there people misusng it? Sure there are. So you knuckleheads think everyone who shares there referral is a scammer? Nice, you bunch of witch hunters.

By the way, EAware should have known there were issues as well when the forums were being spammed last week because REFERRALS THAT GIVE SUB TIME ALSO ALLOW SUB ACCESS TO FORUMS. So every troll was clicking on multiple referral links to make multiple new sub accounts for free just to troll the forum. Myself and others figured this out rather easily and were posting it here on the forum to let EAware know., EAware didn't seem to care. Not one response.

And where/how are people getting CC for referrals? On my rewards page on the refer a friend thing, the only rewards it list we can get are a speeder and some pets. No CC or anything else.

Edited by Zorvan

All those promo emails coming from supposedly SWTOR.com has links in it. (It can be faked too). If that is the case as you have alluded, we should not clicked on those even. I am not saying you are wrong. You are very safe indeed. But I would take some calculated risk and because I have been constantly clicking on swtor links to keep myself abreast of the latest development, I am able to take part in many of its events/promo.

"Abreast" of latest cartel releases, right? Kinda siding with CrazyMcGee here and lulzing at you folks who see a "Swtor.com" link and automatically think its real. Newsflash, scammers can make ridiculously legitimate looking fake phising e-mails.

All you have to do is hover your cursor over an email in your inbox list before opening it, it will show the purported senders address as well as their real one. For example, I get ones from Blizzard all the time I hover over it and it'll have blizzard@battle.net as the purported address but then underneath will say for instance stealyourp[assword@gmail.com.

This helps me know which are real and which are phishing.

For someone being crazy himself, McGee, I am astonished that you find such a thing crazy. ;)

But seriously: It happened to me, too. Here on the Swtor-boards (would have never clicked if somewhere else, e-mails I open in source code view - if at all)! There was a thread about a topic last week which I found interesting. I don't remember which one it was. But there were many pages. I read it all and there were many links with further info about the topic, screenshots etc.

And I clicked most of these links to find out more (most of the links linked to other threads here, dev posts and the likes). And then there was one link in it which led to a referral-page. I expected some further information page as I got from all the links above that. It was definitely a deceiving link, posted in purpose.

I had no idea about what's going on and I was misled. And yes, I am online for nearly 20 years now, so I know about links and what not to click. In this case, it was all within the Swtor-website, which I wrongly assumed to be save.

Anyway, I contacted CS about it and the response about it was, I quote: "Don't worry about it. Everything is fine." After that I claimed the additional inventory slot for all my chars. ;)

I wasn't aware though that I would get 7 days on top of my subscription. I wouldn't even know if this is indeed the case. They can take that off again. No problem for me. I'll stay a sub anyway. I have no other game to play. :p

Edited by JattaGin

For someone being crazy himself, McGee, I am astonished that you find such a thing crazy. ;)

Anyway, I contacted CS about it and the response about it was, I quote: "Don't worry about it. Everything is fine." After that I claimed the additional inventory slot for all my chars. ;)

I wasn't aware though that I would get 7 days on top of my subscription. I wouldn't even know if this is indeed the case. They can take that off again. No problem for me. I'll stay a sub anyway. I have no other game to play. :p

Yeah, I know everyone is freaking out and I kind of feel like the people who have been exploiting this should freak out a bit and they can be a bit wiser next time, but for ordinary folk... I mean of course BW aren't gonna ban them. It's their fault the exploit exists and it seems to have actually gotten a few new subs in, so they aren't really gonna sweat 7 free days to a few loyal subs. It's not end of the world territory, is it?

I suspect it would be more expensive for them to sort through and see who got it and subtract it than just to fix the exploit and move on.

But that's just my view, and I'm a bit crazy.... :p

Yeah, I know everyone is freaking out and I kind of feel like the people who have been exploiting this should freak out a bit and they can be a bit wiser next time, but for ordinary folk... I mean of course BW aren't gonna ban them. It's their fault the exploit exists and it seems to have actually gotten a few new subs in, so they aren't really gonna sweat 7 free days to a few loyal subs. It's not end of the world territory, is it?

I suspect it would be more expensive for them to sort through and see who got it and subtract it than just to fix the exploit and move on.

But that's just my view, and I'm a bit crazy.... :p

in the end it wasnt exploit like...buy item for 5k sell for 10k... which happend in some games - in that case you couldnt judge if some1 was sub before or not, once u shared your ref - it's done.