View Single Post

OddballEasyEight
12.16.2013 , 09:45 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Yakito View Post
The fact is, if this game wasn't Star Wars, it would be absolutely deserted right now.
The only thing that makes most people stay in it is because it has lightsabers and is placed in one of the most epic universes ever created.
And that's it.

It's very far from being finished. I re subbed after 1,5 years and I have to say that there's barely anything added or changed. And even less things are fixed, I still see some ridiculous bugs that I saw at launch, and I cannot possibly take the developers seriously - it is obvious to me that they gave up and they are just trying to keep the game breathing, but not really trying to make it great.
That is an impossibility to say for certain.
Who knows if this game wouldn't have been awesome if bioware had made it set in the mass effect universe instead (just as an example)?
The story is great, and I would have liked it even if it wasn't set in Star Wars.
Sure, the star wars name has a certain pull, but the game wouldn't be "dead" for certain in the hypothetical situation where it wasn't set in Star Wars. There is just no way to know that for certain.