View Single Post

DarthDymond
12.15.2013 , 11:51 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
One reviewer described EVE best as an MMO that made deep-space exploration into a boring mess of spreadsheets and that EVE players are to nerds what nerds are to normal people.

Find a better example.
All I said was find a better example of a successful sandbox game because EVE is a horrible game.
I am really confused, the guy makes the point that there are "successful" sandbox games still out there and uses EVE as an example and you say it doesn't count because you don't like its style of gameplay?

I personally have no desire whatsoever to play EVE as the gameplay doesn't appeal to me AT ALL, but the game's been running for over 10 years now and has way more Subs than SWTOR - I don't think there's any question it's a successful game.

If all you've got is "it's a horrible game"... well, to put it in your own words:
Horrible opinion-based judgment calls are awesome.
And you can't win/lose an argument that's based on personal 'feelings.'
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain