View Single Post

Infernixx
12.15.2013 , 01:41 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Joetwoshots View Post
Oh, yeah, you nailed it, just like the argument that they skipped at least half of creation process by taking nearly all rules, ship classes and control engine from other game. They DID create textures, special effects and maps, but the whole concept of the game, ship classes, feel heavily unoriginal. Id exept something more from the SW based game, but i guess its going down like most of so called F2P games.
Pity, it was a great dream in its first months, for SWTOR to be proud member of MMORPG genre.
Oh, so SC created the 'concept' of the flight sim game as well as the idea of 'scout ships' and 'gun ships' and 'strike fighters'....That's a new one.

Oh, I see..You're not saying that at all. What you're saying is that GS is a twist on an established concept, adapted and designed to fit into TOR.

Well, that's reasonable. I can live with that.

I mean, it'd be ridiculous to expect any company to come up with a completely original and innovative mini-game that hasn't already been created by someone else in the MMO genre. Right? Only the silliest of people would have such high expectations when an adapted flight sim game with a TOR twist would be awesomely good fun and would lose nothing whatsoever in the process by being that adapted game...

It's a good thing no one's saying that.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.