View Single Post

morfius
12.15.2013 , 08:44 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
IMO, requests such as this are motivated by the desire to avoid credit costs to transfer mods, or the desire to avoid having to put forth some effort. Neither of those is sufficient reason, IMO, to implement something like a BOL token.

To the best of my knowledge, BOP pieces are either drops from FP's/OPS or purchased from vendors and NOT rare world drops. This means that any character has the same chance to get a specific piece of gear. I know it is far easier for a player to run an FP/OPS with their over geared main than with their average or under geared alt.

Using current legacy gear, the mods in any BOP piece can be sent to alts. All it requires is a compatible piece of legacy gear for the mods you wish to send, and some credits.

If you want a specific piece of gear for "looks" for your bounty hunter, for example, you simply need to run that particular FP or OPS with that character. If that means going through the gearing process for that character first, then so be it.

That said, a "token" to make any piece of gear moddable would provide additional appearance options for people. There are many unique looking pieces of gear which are only available as green/blue items and are not moddable and have no moddable equivalent look. I do not think that a "moddable" token should change the binding status, or make gear adaptive, though.
It better make it adaptive - because most of reputation and CM gear is already adaptive - so there is no issue to have Consular in heavy looking one.
Best would be to open all item shells for RE with custom (or custom above purple for those that are not modable) adaptive result.
Removed gear also.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."