View Single Post

12.14.2013 , 11:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
This is true. In swg there wasn't any thing to do, except grind to unlock your jedi or gain experience on your jedi. It seems to me the only people who like pure sandbox mmorpgs are people who role play. Take for example swg, there were no dungeons, no pvp warzones, and no quest chains. What are you supposed to do, when your done leveling? I don't like sitting around waiting for pvp to happen. There was no questing in swg. The quest you accept generated spawns of 3-5 npc that you needed to destroy to complete. You did this over and over to level. That was not fun and swtor is 10 times better than that crap. I find it hard to believe any one would have fun in that game outside of role playing or maybe that flying, but otherwise what is there to do except craft? There is nothing outside the main cities.

I spent a lot time in Dathomir and Dantooine and both zones were always void of players. Between warcraft and swg it's no wonder warcraft won. That is why swg attempted to copy wow, but it only drove more people to leave. The game was not design like wow and consquently made little sense to change it. There was also the change to jedi from an unlock to standard class, which pissed off most of their player base.
No dungeons in SWG ? what were the DWB, Warren and others then ? No quests ? I remember running quests for the rebellion in order to increase my faction standing. Leveling ? I remember a skill based system, maybe you're refering to the NGE, i left at that point , never looked back, was it level based then ? Weird how recollections differ.

As for SWG vs WOW, well of course WOW won thats like a " no brainer ", If i had 2 maps, map A is layed out for ease of use, all directions marked, sign posts at every turn, Map B well X marks the spot you have to figure out the rest on your own. Which map do you believe the majority of people will pick ? I'm willing to bet A, and you ? Me i'll pick B everytime, besides being overly pig headed, i also believe the journey is where the fun really is, like that saying " life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans "

I have to ask if it was no fun as you say why did you play ?