View Single Post

Orderken
12.04.2013 , 10:37 AM | #2
1. FR outperforms SA, albeit very slightly. I recommend FR, not SA, as the first choice.

2. I tested relics today.

(a) DF FR has a 20-second CD for procs from healing, and a separate 20-second CD for procs from damage dealt (including damage dealt solely by DoTs). If you were to start a stopwatch when it procs, over the next 20 seconds, the uptime of its buff will range from 6 to 12 seconds. When the procs overlap, giving, for example, an uptime of 9 seconds, your main stat will be exactly 740 higher throughout. That is, overlapping procs don't stack.

(b) KD SA is similar. It has separate CDs for procs from healing or from damage dealt (including damage dealt solely by DoTs), and overlapping procs don't stack.

(c) DF, Obroan, or Conqueror SA has a unified 20-second CD for procs from healing or damage dealt (including damage dealt solely by DoTs). If you were to start a stopwatch when it procs, the uptime of its buff will be exactly 6 seconds, and it can't proc again until the 20th second.

I don't have a Obroan or Conqueror FR relic to test.

3. If you maintain a DoT for a majority of a fight, KD SA > DF SA. My model assumes that relics can proc at most once every 20 seconds, so a DF FR or KD SA relic can perform better than my model indicates. I'm not in the habit of maintaining a DoT, but for healers who do, KD SA > DF SA.
Orderken, <Hates You>, Prophecy of the Five
Guides for Healing - Sorcerer / Sage
Models for PVE Healing - Sorcerer or Sage / Mercenary or Commando / Operative or Scoundrel