View Single Post

jovianus
11.08.2013 , 03:26 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by myrsosoth View Post
lol All that, and all I wanted to know was how Kotor was guilty of "lore-jacking". As this discussion is largely moot anyway, the anti-Revan people having beaten this topic over the head.

See, in LOTRO, I understood why people were so incredibly severe about "lore" it being based on a the works of a great writer at least (which Lucas is not and never would have been. IF there'd ever been a 3 Stooges game, would there be 3 Stooges lore). But I don't understand it in this game which is based first off a comic book series (do people really take those seriously), and then off 2 games LOOSELY based on that series, but all of it owned by the the same copyright holder and ostensibly blessed by The Lucas and now Disney. Isn't "lore" what they say it is? Honest questions here. I hope this doesn't constitute thread-jacking.
I don't care about any supposed 'lore-jacking'. I care about about people obsessing over "SUPER REVAN!!" being the absolute center of the Universe forever. We all ready had one game where we played Revan, and another where we played his confidante who went off to find him. It's 300 years later, can we move on please? NOPE!!! Revan is stll the key to everything, singlehandedly holding the Empire at bay and keeping the Emperor in check, blah blah blah.

Revan's horse is dead and rotting, can we stop beating it and let him rest in peace finally?