View Single Post

Clarian
11.07.2013 , 06:35 AM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
For some reason people seem to want more single player content (class stories) in a multiplayer game.
Well, we're only asking for more of what was already a major part of the game from day one. For some reason, Bioware put a lot of single player content (class stories) in a multiplayer game.

If they put all the same content in a single-player game, I'd play that instead. (And yes, I'd be willing to subscribe to it.) Until then, the closest I can come to single-player SWTOR is multiplayer SWTOR.

And yep, I'm a KotOR fan. Even so, I'd rather have this game, multiplayer and all, than KotOR 3. That's because I think 8 different stories, all in the same galaxy at the same time, is simply awesome...and they never could have swung the budget to do that in a single player game - at least, not in 2006. Though I'd love to see that change, and have huge, ongoing single-player games, financed by subs and cash shops.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
I think one of the main reasons this game flopped is because todays gamers just don't want a multiplayer game that focuses on storytelling,
That may be. Another reason could be that today's gamers just don't want a storytelling game that focuses on multiplayer.