View Single Post

Infernixx
11.06.2013 , 09:41 AM | #30
WoW is a much more polished game with 10 years worth of experience in honing their MMO into a juggernaut. They freely borrow winning concepts and ideas from other MMOs and adapt them to their own MMO. And they're known as 'the' MMO of MMOs.

That said:

TOR is much better at telling a story, both personal and overarching. As you go through the Class stories, you find yourself realizing that each and every story in there is intertwined in the background, that what you do doesn't just impact 'your' story, but all the other Class stories as well.

TOR has better style. Whether it's the Agent giggle sound effect when they Snipe someone, or how Lightning Sorcs just look amazingly cool when they're in full rotation, there's more style to combat in TOR than in WoW.

And, within the last year, the gear sets for most of the Classes have become vastly better than anything I've seen in WoW, aside from a few really choice Warlock sets in WoW.

While WoW stole the idea of Transmog from TOR's adaptive armor concept, TOR maintains a lead in that area in a big way.

TOR developers seem far more intimately connected to the playerbase as opposed to WoW's developing team, which seems to have its own idea of what's necessary for the game and hardly seem concerned enough to even address player concerns regarding balance issues.

TOR seems to be putting out new content at a far quicker rate than WoW. It being the end of their MOP expansion, it's estimated that they'll be doing the last OP/Raid for at least 9 months before the next expansion hits their PTR and they've no plans to put anything out before then. Whereas, TOR has pushed a bunch of content patches out with new OPs, FPs, daily zones and PVP warzones, as well as Ranked PVP.

And with Galactic Starfighter coming in a month, it's safe to say that TOR has a far greater ability to release content at a quicker pace and, thus, keep its playerbase entertained and logging in. I speak from personal experience here, as I got vastly bored of the last Raid in MOP and didn't fancy putting 6 toons through the same content every week.

To me, it's a hands down victory for TOR. Else, why would I be here now?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.