View Single Post

gorstram
11.06.2013 , 01:45 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
I, for one, couldn't care less about OPs. It's just scripted WOW nonsense, with stupid boss "mechanics". Most of the FPs are in the same vein. Usually one boss with super high HP against many, who, at some point, spawn adds.

They're not fun for me. Mainly because they're so childish in that they're doing the same kinds of things with huge bosses, and huge hp pools that were done even back in the Atari 2600, and NES days. It's also the same thing over, and over, and over that have been in other MMOS... where at least it makes sense for the setting. Which is usually in a high fantasy setting. Very little in boss fights in this game make any sense. This is not some medieval fantasy game. While it's literally fantasy, it's not high fantasy, and it doesn't fit the SW setting. None of them feel heroic to me.

Where, in any of the movies, did you see where it required a small army to exterminate one person? Two people, maybe, but not 8-plus people.

The class quests at least give you the impression that something heroic is being done.

Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was OPs, people. That is not it. That is not it!

That, I believe, is why people aren't voting for more OPs. It will be the same old thing.
Thank you for voicing your tastes for this game. They have been duly noted. As for the those of us who put operations in our top five, we'll respectfully disagree with your assessment of endgame content.

Edit: More than 30% of the respondents in this poll indicated that operations were a top five priority for them. That's nothing to sneeze at.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>