View Single Post

londerwost
12.23.2011 , 03:35 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by FalmeseReb View Post
The description says 2+ not 2. To me that means that its possible with 2, but recommended that you have 3 or even 4. I don't see the problem here, the instance is not hard at all. They actually brought the difficulty down some since beta.
I have no doubt I can do it with more people and/or better gear. Which is probably what I'll do. I just think Bioware is misleading people by having this as your first contact saying "if you have more than one person, you should take the Esseles." Then under the actual mission it literally states: "This mission is for a group. Two players recommended." (copied it directly from the text). This along with making all the mobs up to Ironfist super easy sets up a false expectation for new players. I'm sure once I've done it a few times I'll be a pro, but I don't think it's fair to players who are doing it for the first time.

We can have our high bar raid instances that require perfection at the end of the game. I don't think it should be expected for a first real instance.

And for the record, I'm not facerolling. I haven't played above level 20, but I have rolled a bunch of jedi, both consular and knight, in beta and pre-launch, on several servers. I've researched which powers to use in which priority. I'm no where near an expert SWTOR player but I have a very good handle on early game mechanics.