View Single Post

feketebirka
11.03.2013 , 07:50 AM | #1148
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Was a HM Hammer station.
Had quite the experience in Hammer station last night. My main tank is jugg lvl55 with 33k hp (66+69 purples+1x72), not top, but i am still working on it, so off to gf, and - voila - insta pop HM Hammer station. Guildmate with oricon head gear also gets rolled in the group, so we say Hi, and all goes well up to the mining droid. Now, i have done this FP a couple of times, but now my HP seems to drop quite fast, and eventually I die ... sorc resses me, and tells that "you are a bit undergeared for this fp" ... well .. that was no problem up to this point, and thats why i run these fp-s to gear up ... now i do notice, that this stacking debuff gets up to as high as 8 before being clensed, and also see that there are no shields on me ... anyway, its a wipe, and the 2 dps quit (i dunno why, they dont say). I feel guilty and furious, anyway I try to reason with healer that maybe clensing and shield spamming will work .. After a few mins we get 2 new dps, and the rest of the fp goes smooth somehow ...

So i could call it a day, but I also have a mostly 69/72 gunslinger on the rep side, so off to gf hm55, and you know what? its hammer station hard mode. the tank is a guardian with 28k hp, and they seem to have issues to move on. They are at the 3 boss trio (dunno their name, who lurk before the moral choice consol). We down them (tank seemed to have taunt issues), and also successfully downed the bonus boss on second try. Actually we had zero problems afterwards ...

I dunno what healers have with "not top geared" tanks .. reasonable tanks seem to be rare, still people try their best to upset them and get onto their ignore list.

My last run was also hammer staton now SM with jedi shadow, lvl15. I always wanted to try this, because it has the most challenging encounter for low lvl tanks: 2 gold 2 strong 2 regular droid mobs. I actually planned it quite perfectly (heal was lvl23 scoundrel, dps were lvl16 gs and lvl22 idk). So I thinkt it over .. and start saying "gunslinger you need to cc the gold on the left ... wait .. NOT NOW!" oh well .. i start hitting them 1by1 (i dont use aoe taunt, it would break cc), turn around, and the cc'd is already broken, dps baller at it .. oh well .. i die, but can respawn, and boost back to the fight. All goes well afterwards, except for the gunslinger who tends to pull mobs before me even when we still fight the previous group (got gs, she can sit on her ***, if she wants). So as increasing tank drama queen i say "it is highly impolite for you to pull before tank". Does not reply, and continues to pull mobs ...

In my opinion, there is one task for the dps on sub-50 fp's: do not get on the ignore list of the tank ...