View Single Post

cycao
09.27.2013 , 10:16 AM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
Response to the "Sorcs were asking for ponies and unicorns" argument

(And I felt it necessary to mention that melee anti-kiting has also been buffed over the time period described in that post, a couple of posts after that. Examples being smash obliterate no longer respecting roots, vengeance given speed increase, vanguards getting hold the line baseline, etc.)
The nerf to overload was also shared with assassins/shadows. The removal also crippled madness for assassins which was already fairly weak compared to its mirror. And for the root on knock back, they have stated they want to get away from hybrids and have people focus on full 36 point builds.

The whole 'heal to full' was quite silly and that sorcs 'easy to play, hard to master' can almost be applied to every spec/class. If the majority of sorcs/sages I see in warzones didn't try to face tank melee or stop using force speed while using backpeddle I might get behind the hard to master what not.

They literally came out and said the exact same thing about deception last year in that just about everyone was playing it wrong.

Anyways I thoroughly enjoy my sorc and while some things could be added I hear a lot of sorcs suggesting that its unplayable and while that may be the case for arenas a very small percentage of players and an even smaller amount of them being sorcs/sages I only know of a handful of sorcs personally and while some did well they needed to have excellent players backing them up.

They have stated that they will be taking a harder look at class balance when 2.5 approaches as they are putting a hold on the class answers to avoid rewording of the questions being asked off of the answers given assuming they were not the answers that the majority of the players playing said class wanted.

Class balance is always something I find fascinating. I play with a guy who is nothing short of amazing on his PT even after the changes in 2.0 and he cannot wait for the buffs coming with 2.4. To me class balance comes down to this, do you balance around the average skill cap or by the classes overall potential in the hands of something who knows how to play a class?

Given the vast gaps in skill that this game still has in PvP and in PvE it is something that will always have negative results by the players who play the class which is getting the short end of the stick as they have gotten comfortable with how there class performs which usually goes hand in hand with ''I'm rerolling" and you should too and then obviously it leads players not playing classes which have gotten buffed as FOTM or for this games case FOTY since rage/focus has been quite strong since forever and the same goes with operative/scoundrel healing.

And I have lost my train of thought as I have been going from the phone for work and back to this post and I think this started as why these particular set of answers are taking longer than others because VG and sorcs feel they got shafted on their answers.