View Single Post

Docmal
09.23.2013 , 07:22 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Berjiz View Post
Started using Parsec about a week ago and it's a very nice tool I especially like that it's an easy and quick way to detailed information about dmg taken, the dmg types and such. However I noticed that defense related things(dodge, deflected and similair) is bundle together with ressist. Could you split it into a seperate column?

It would be very nice because that way it would be easier to see which attacks are f/t. Even better would be if f/t attacks could have a seperate color, but I guess that's not possible due to how the f/t attacks in logs work?
Unfortunately, the log files have some limitations when it comes to damage types and attack types. First, log files do not specify ranged/melee vs force/tech. Second, if an attack is avoided its damage type is not reported in the log. These limitations along with the complexity of the mitigation rules make it impossible to accurately display mitigation in seperate buckets.

With this in mind, i designed parsec to display total mitigation rates like this:

Avoided attacks / all attacks
Shielded attacks / all attacks

As a tank myself i find these statistics usefull in determining my performance and gear effectiveness even though they are not ideal.

It is possible to build a database of attacks and their attack type based on mitigation results over time, but this is more work than it is worth since it would be useless on new content.
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...