, 07:36 AM
Change the Power Plan.
By default, the power settings in win 7 are not automatically set for Max performance. By default, its set for balanced, with increased energy consumption on your hardware. Changing the power plan decreases the consumption for your hardware and gives you a small performance gain.
My recommended Software to speed up windows 7
Wise registry Cleaner
TCP Optimizer (Very Advanced users only)
TeraCopy (Replaces default windows copy utility and is much faster)
There are many more tweaks you can use, but they are only a very minor saving on resources. The above are the biggest savers.
- Double click the Power Options in the Control panel.
- Click the down arrow showing Show Additional Plans to see the High Performance power plan
- Now just activate the *High*Performance* plan and thats it.
- You may go for the advanced settings for further tweaking if you want.
- A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
- Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.