View Single Post

mikebevo
09.19.2013 , 01:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthChosen View Post
DPS/ Healer Threat drop- ability dps/healer players have to drop their threat
4 healers here, geared to the teeth on my sawbones and I can say without a doubt I am not going to pull threat from tank or dps for my healing. I can also say, threat dump or reduction is not going to help me except in a few situations in ops that have aggro dumps. I was told to use them on NiM TWH for some reason, mine is not to question, mine is just to heal as the group says. Otherwise the my aggro dump is only good for a 1/2 amusing animation. It will not get rid of those attacking me if they have not been taunted or attacked by dps and/or tank. It is just a useless as someone guarding me for aggro reason. Any unattacked/untaunted mob is going to go after the healer. It does not matter if I have 100% present threat or .00000001% threat, if they are untaunted and unattacked by everyone else, then .00000001 is still more than 0.000000000, so reducing it means nothing. More important is for dps/tanks to know kill order and their role. Now I can use disapearing act to drop combat, but the moment I unstealth and pop a heal they are back on me.

Gold Fever a killer of Healers.

As to threat droup by dps, yes that should be part of the roation in group play, especially during/after opening.