View Single Post

DarthDymond
09.12.2013 , 05:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
The devs wanted to make the Sith Empire seem like Palpatine's Empire to keep everything in terms of a Star Wars that even casual fans could understand quickly. So they went with tropes that they thought people associated with Palpatine's Empire for the Sith Empire: the design of their spaceships, the cut of their military uniforms, even the emblem.
^ This.

I really, really doubt they'll end up doing anything so drastic, but between the emblem and accent of the Sith Empire both later being such prominent parts of the Republic, I like to wonder if maybe this war doesn't end the way everyone assumes it will

It's one of those things that doesn't really bother me that much from a lore perspective though. It's not like Galactic Basic and English are actually the same language, so the accent itself would be as much a translation convention as the underlying language. For purposes of "translating" during this period, "British accented English" = "DK accented Basic", during the movie time-frame the translation becomes "British accented English" = "Coruscanti accented Basic".
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain