View Single Post

AbsolutGrndZero
09.11.2013 , 04:01 AM | #1228
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Well, I originally wanted to go with plain old "Raven", but I couldn't. Not because it was already taken mind you, but because the name was blocked, like when you try to name your character "Anakin" or some other super-iconic name from the movies; the game wouldn't let me. Not sure why though. Fear they might get sued by DC Comics or some other company who owns a character named "Raven"?

The analogy to "Ravine" had already crossed my mind, but that ended up sounding somewhat dumb in my head. I think I'll stick to "Rah-VENN", as in similiar to the "reven" in "revenge", except with an "a" instead of the first "e", of course.
You never know why names are blocked. Jen'tara is blocked, but Jentara is not. Originally when I asked them why Jen'tara was blocked I was told it has sexual conotatations and when I replied back I got told they can't discuss it with me so I said elevate my ticket to someone who CAN discuss it... and finally I was told sorry don't know why you were told it was sexual, but it's not... However apostrophes, hyphens and other punctuation are not allowed in names. After that I just gave up because it's in the filter that Jen'tara isnt' allowed and if they don't even know that punctuation IS allowed in names, there's no way they're going to even figure out why Jen'tara isn't allowed but Jentara is.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain