View Single Post

THoK-Zeus
09.09.2013 , 10:51 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Definetly a good option indeed

Hmm ... 50k threat is tricky. Yesterday I did a TfB NiM on my slinger where I ripped of our vanguardtank in the 1st few seconds. I used my attackadrenal, serp assault proc and inspire. In 10 seconds time I generated 54k threat. Thats with a guard and with a bugging surrender (which I will report as a bug in a seperate post).

@ the guy laughing at tanks who guard healers first:
How would you suggest determining which dps rips the most aggro? HP? no option, could be high endurence mods. High gear? he could be not very skilled.
On your parse its 12 seconds for 54 k threat. (and actually starting combat 8 seconds after the tank started which i didnt count in either) As a rdps you would need 130% of the tanks threat to rip aggro of him. Even without a guard that would be less then 50k threat in 10 seconds.
I don't know how much threat vanguard tanks can dish out in the very first seconds, but i never have problems with threat in nim Content (as assassin) when guarding our mdps (we don't run NiM content with more then 2 mdps).
On rare occasions (when some of my attacks in the very beginning missed) i have to use my single target taunt.

@Azrael: I agree with you, rdps shouldn't be able to rip aggro from a tank.
Mdps (from my experience, especially marauders in their burst spec) can rip aggro from you, but you can either guard them and use your taunts.