View Single Post

08.30.2013 , 01:15 PM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by Falver View Post
While I don't know if healing can proc both, damaging skills definitely don't.
Which is why i said in the first place, snipers and gunslingers can go and spec:And equip two SA relics. Either:

KD SA + UW SA (confirmed by my op healer guildie) or
UW SA + Conq SA (i can confirm myself)
For Snipers/Slingers with the self-heal while in cover talent, a chance to proc

for 6 seconds every 20 seconds.

Like i said I can't test KD SA and UW SA. As much as i'd like to parse and test the limits of my class I can not since i'm far from BiS gear; my first piece of Kell Dragon i got ~at most 3 months after NiM Operations came out and now HM Dread Fortress is dropping a NEW tier of gear (which is great !)

The only thing i can confirm right now is that UW SA (and probably KD SA) with PVP SA will proc 2 Power buffs when you sit in cover as long as you have 1 point in Vital Regs and Cool Under Pressure.

If an Op/Scoundrel healer can proc UW SA and KD SA at the same time with his hots, i'd assume Snipers and Slingers can too with their self-healing. But like you said they don't work with damage abilities, so perhaps this time around they'll have slightly lower uptime because only your self-heals can proc them and your self-heal only procs once every ~3 seconds (iirc).

Whether a slightly lower uptime on double proccing SA buffs is a DPS increase or decrease over the more popular KD SA and KD BA.... i do not know. I was hoping that 1) it would not show up on the forums and 2) it would not be a DPS increase because all it does is widen the single target dps gap snipers/slingers already have versus other classes.

If it IS a DPS increase then MM/SS and Lethality/DF will benefit from it greatly. Both specs requirs you to sit in cover (more so in MM than Lethality). Engineering/Sab would be a little bit tricker since you have to run out of cover whenever you do your Roll.

You can put one point into self-heal by moving 1 pt from Grenade spam (if you run Hybrid or 36/8/3) or moving 1 pt from +Energy (Lethality). 36/3/7 is a bit tougher to decide. You will lose either 1 pt from +Cunning talent or 1 pt from Corrosive Dart spec if you want to spec into the self-heal.

Now that that is out, can someone wearing ~min-maxed Full KD Gear do comparison parses?
Spec: Hybrid, 36/8/3, Engineering
Duration: 5 minutes
parse 1 - UW SA + KD SA
parse 2 - UW SA + KD SA

parse 3 - KD SA + KD BA
parse 4 - KD SA + KD BA

Spec: 36/3/7
Nnot sure how to make it work here. Remove 1 pt from Cunning talent or remove reduce your CD proc down to 25% instead of 50%? That in itself needs more parses as well.
Ohhh if only
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records