View Single Post

Grimsblood
08.29.2013 , 04:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
really hard to read the few purple/blue stuff, but everyone gave their own opinion, he can decide who / which one works better for their team, i gave him what mine does, my marauder doesnt waste GCD running for adds, thats the skill of doing it,... but then again your points are valid, but dont work for "everyone" as u can see in his dps numbers, hes dps is not the highest, so the more you complicate it the harder it is for people.

everything you say, all the numbers everything sounds find, for your severity gaming group, and my group, but its not so easy for all groups, my guild has 4 different from beyond groups, 2 different Dragonslayers 8 man, all of them followed my strategy up there , i just go with what i am used to from our experience doing it, with variety of successful groups / Setups .... majority to not say all the time we recruit someone new or bring a different strat, its just way more complicated and doesnt help at all, the easier / simple you keep the fight, the easier it is, thats our theory and it works for us , we did the same theory in 16 man last week, they didnt even make it half way to the pool.. 3 orbitals wasted for nothing there, the fastest prob hit once, no reason wasting 6-9k dmg that could be hitting boss ... after all it depends on the group, they will be able to try all this different options and work whatever is the best for them
gunte pretty much explained this for me. But to reiterate; their dps is the problem and that is what we need to address to help them get through. Your strat works and is simple, but does not maximize damage. I am also guess your guys are very good at their class and can sacrifice GCD's without dropping below 2.7k. The OP's obviously can not.

On a side note; your marauder DOES waste GCD's running to the adds. He can only close the cap in 1 GCD once. Not twice. So, somewhere in his target swapping he misses GCD's. If he wants to do more dps, he needs to eliminate that (not saying you guys need more dps; just that to maximize damage you need to do that. That is what the OP needs; to maximize his raids damage).

Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
If "cast an AOE one place, throw one attack on another target, and go back to dpsing your main focus" is too much for someone to handle, I'd hazard a guess they aren't ready for nightmare.
You, get out of here. No one asked you to come in here. I saw it first (at least posted first)!
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger