View Single Post

CourtneyWoods
08.21.2013 , 02:42 PM | #503 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

In case you missed your chance to play against Musco and the devs last week, tomorrow night some of the devs and I will be playing arenas on PTS.

If you didn't read Musco's previous post, let me explain how this will work!

Why?
As we often do with PTS, we have some specific things we want to test. We thought playing with y'all on a live server would be a great way to build a little extra excitement around Game Update 2.4: the Dread War. We are doing something a little different than last week - each of us will be queuing up solo. So you might be playing against one of us or along side one of us!

When?
Our current plan is that we will do this tomorrow night from 5-7 PM CDT.

How?
It's easy! All you have to do is join the ranked solo queue. We will be playing Arenas in that queue nonstop from 5-7 so hop on and you might just get a chance to take us on or have one of us on your team!

Like last time, we will not be in-game to answer questions or anything like that. Whether we are on your team or you are playing against us we will only talk with our weapons!

Below are the character names of who you can expect to see tomorrow!

BWCourtney
BWInq
BWTech
BWSage
BWScoundrel

As you can see, I will be the community team rep this week. I am super excited ! The rest are members of the dev team, including some folks from our Combat/PvP team! We are a mixture of Imperial and Republic characters this time!

ONLY the names mentioned above will be representing BioWare during that exact time. If during that test, or anytime besides that, you see someone on PTS who has similar naming and is claiming to be a BioWare employee, they are not. Not only are they not an employee, I would ask that you immediately send me a PM here on the forums to let me know of their action (do not submit an in-game CS ticket). This is a definite breach of our ToS and appropriate action will be taken.

If you aren't aware of how to access PTS and want to join us, please follow the steps below!

1. Log in to the Star Wars: The Old Republic launcher using your username and password.
2. Click the Settings button (gear) in the bottom left corner of the launcher
3. Under “Enable Public Test Server Access”, select “Yes”
4. Click “Save”
5. Now the bottom left corner will have two buttons: select the new button next to settings
6. Under "Pick an Environment" select "Public Test"
7. Click "Next" and you will begin patching on the Public Test Server*
8. Click "Play"

I shall now leave you with a quote from the great Baron Deathmark, "Get in there and go berserk!"
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]