Cant rememeber where i read it but some pvp snipers in this forum were talking about how "everybody knows Engi will be the spec for arena". Got me really curious. What do you guys think? Initially i thought, hey Engi snipers have great defensive cooldowns, area denial (probably very desireable in arenas), plus you get an extra stun every 18 seconds. Not to mention EMP Discharge for double roll, double shield probe and double entrench. Primarily a dot spec BUT has burst capabilities whenever EP is up. Big problem for you though is when you fight against cleanse spammy lineups.
1. Best run and attack abilities: Thermal Grenade, Quickshot, spammable Snare probe/charge. Easier to chase down people trying to run out of LoS and still hitting them with attacks.
2. Least affected by defensive cooldowns like, Dodge, Saber Deflect, Saber Reflect. Attacks like Thermal Grenade, sab charge/probe, Snare charge/probe all bypass these cooldowns. MM/SS gets countered hard by these cooldowns. Especially Saber Reflect. A well-timed Saber Reflect during SoS/Speed Shot can be GG for the Sniper /Gunslinger. Yes, we can cancel as soon as we see the word "reflect", but by then the advantage already went to the Jug/Guardian.
3. Greatest damage mitigation for survival. Got best chance to survive from being focus fired or tag-team by stealth. Got back to back CC shield and damage shield if under too much heat. DF/Lethality got the worst survival chance from being focus fire.
4. Good controllable burst with explosive charge/probe. Can finish off a target if timed well.
5. Good AoE to "protect" healers while hurting the enemies.
6. "Wallbanging" for burst damage if it is not fixed by 2.4. If it is not fixed by 2.4, then it means either the devs consider it legit or it is not important enough to be fixed, which means that we should use it to our maximum advantage.