View Single Post

BobaFaceroll
07.30.2013 , 06:40 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your feedback about the recent changes to the Seeker Droid! The changes that were made were done to remove the ability to endlessly acquire items, as this was not intended. Also, we wanted to be sure and allow for players to obtain the speeder parts and treasures when digging, but we are taking what you’re saying into account.

The system is designed to only display “Your Seeker Droid Found Something Interesting” (versus just having them find “Something”) when you find special treasure or an armor piece. There been a few comments here that indicate that when getting something interesting, that you’re obtaining other items. We’re looking for more details with regards to exactly what was obtained when the “Interesting” message pops up for you. We’ve done some investigation on our side, and this currently appears to be working correctly.

We agree! If you’ve had a gray item deplete a site, this is not intended and is a bug. Please be sure you file and in-game /bug to report this if it happens, and we welcome follow up posts with details for us to investigate.

We’ve been keeping an eye on this thread and will continue to do so. If we discover any bugs with the system, we’ll post them on the Known Issues and update you here.

1) I suspected it was done to remove the ability to just dig up money. This is a bit harsh though, at least in my opinion. If you want any reasonable chance of tracking down items with your droid you need to run a booster, preferably the blue Mk II model. Those are not free, and they only last 10 minutes a pop. This activity has gone from credit neutral to a small profit per hour when you figure in the cost of those boosters to a rather unpleasant sink.

I also found a rather disparate amount of "not Repulsorlift" and "not Pleasure Speeder" parts after the recent patch. I dug up 2-3 Explorer and Exploiter engines, chassis, and steering mechanisms in 4 hours of digging (24 Mk II boosters). I found no Repulsorlifts and one Pleasure Speeder part (and that's the only one I've ever found). Are you sure these are dropping at balanced and expected rates?

2) Any time I found a gray item it gave me a "You found something!" message, and not "You found something interesting". Still, it matters not if it's interesting or not. I am forced to Seek the same way as I don't know what's at the end of the trail. No matter what I dig up I am still following little green hints to see if I can dig up anything. Putting gray items in the result pool for digging something up, whether or not it is interesting, is very much Not Fun.

These items should be removed from the system. Spending time to hunt down a green rep item or a blue crate with crafting items that shall be vendored is frustrating enough. There is no reason to give anyone a trail to follow that leads to a gray piece of literal junk.