View Single Post

Evil_Dave
07.30.2013 , 12:17 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your feedback about the recent changes to the Seeker Droid! The changes that were made were done to remove the ability to endlessly acquire items, as this was not intended. Also, we wanted to be sure and allow for players to obtain the speeder parts and treasures when digging, but we are taking what you’re saying into account.

The system is designed to only display “Your Seeker Droid Found Something Interesting” (versus just having them find “Something”) when you find special treasure or an armor piece. There been a few comments here that indicate that when getting something interesting, that you’re obtaining other items. We’re looking for more details with regards to exactly what was obtained when the “Interesting” message pops up for you. We’ve done some investigation on our side, and this currently appears to be working correctly.

We agree! If you’ve had a gray item deplete a site, this is not intended and is a bug. Please be sure you file and in-game /bug to report this if it happens, and we welcome follow up posts with details for us to investigate.

We’ve been keeping an eye on this thread and will continue to do so. If we discover any bugs with the system, we’ll post them on the Known Issues and update you here.

My problem with this change is not at all that it's bugged. The new rules regarding seeker droid functionality have been very clear since the switch was made, and I've never once encountered the glitchy scenarios depicted above.

What bothers me about the change - beyond the typical complete lack of explanation or forewarning from the developers - is that the rewards from digging have become so poor as to be almost insulting. If, as you've stated, the developers decided to change the system so that it's no longer possible to obtain items indefinitely, then that's their prerogative and I'm totally fine with it. But why, then, did you replace those items with 10-credit trash and Secure Crates full of worthless crafting items? It's a slap in the face to spend fifteen to twenty minutes dodging (or fighting) mobs and using the droid to hone in on a dig spot, only to be 'rewarded' with something that's not worth the effort to sell to a vendor. Worse yet, it's downright infuriating to deplete an entire site by digging up a 'special treasure,' only to discover that it's a crate with a handful of commendations or three crafting items.

If the ambient dig sites are supposed to be about obtaining items related to the seeker droid (such as GSI rep, speeder parts, droid buffs, Legacy armor pieces, etc.), then make it so that ONLY those items can be obtained. Those items are all that I care about when I'm digging, and I'm sure that nearly all other players who use the dig sites feel the same way. If you don't want our dig time to be profitable in credits, at least make it less likely to be a complete waste. You're only driving players away from this game activity by throwing terrible returns at them.