View Single Post

Altheran
07.30.2013 , 10:41 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
As stated above, it is a defensive measure and nothing more. Thereís no argument about it. No Sage or Sorcerer who channels Force Barrier can do any other action but channel the barrier. No damage, stuns, slows, roots, or other measures can affect the caster. Heck, Iíve popped the barrier on Lucky and nothing he did (or any other champion or world boss) could affect me. However, somehow some lowly Merc/Trooper can affect me and prevent me from using Force Barrier with Electro Net? This is not working as intended. Force Barrier is not an escape it is a pure defensive measure and nothing more or less.
Nobody argues that's not a defensive measure but that's an absolute defensive measure. The fact that you do nothing during it is not the problem, it is that once you use it, its defensive potential is so high that you don't need an escape anymore, like if it acted like one.
An Assassin using Force Shroud is still vulnerable to weapon damage, a Marauder using Undying Rage or a Sorcerer using Static Barrier are still vulnerable to CCs. These moves do not free their user from the need to escape.
However Force Barrier protects you from anything. Considering that you don't need to escape anymore, make people wonder if it can be considered as "escape" as well. These wonders are legit since it's hard to define accurately the difference between an "absolute defense" and an "absolute escape". In the end, both seem to have the same result : protecting from anything.

As for me "absolute defense" and "absolute escape" is the same thing, and such powers can be both called "defense" and "escape".

That's a point that devs should give their opinion about. The fix that will come will depend on how they see this. If for them absolute defence equals escape, then Barrier should be forbidden during Electronet. If they think it doesn't mean escape, then they have to make Barrier doesn't calncel itself upon activation (the fact that it removes Electronet or not will not matter as the damage will be resisted).
But whatever, the ability do not act properly. Something that is not supposed to be allowed, shouldn't be allowed to be used and wasted, such as something that should work shouldn't cancel without reason.