View Single Post

Synavix
07.29.2013 , 09:31 PM | #57
Just as a preface to this post, I think the Engineering questions are excellent and would love to see them get answered if they are proposed.

For the sake of discussion though, I'm not sure it's the best one. As it stands, our combat roll is insanely powerful as a defensive tool in progression/nightmare content. As the spec is, it's fairly niche. Moving the damage away from the combat roll and into another ability doesn't really solve the problem. The highest DPS rotation will *still* involve using the combat roll (unless it's nerfed to the point of being a terrible ability), so the spec will *still* not be used on difficult progression content because the roll will need to be saved for those mechanic avoidance issues (looking at you, Dread Guards). Combine that with the fact that either way you are required to essentially be an extra melee, I don't feel it's worth it to change for PvE. In terms of PvP, it's still a great spec regardless of what happens to the roll because of it's area denial ability.