View Single Post

oofalong
07.29.2013 , 03:37 PM | #3
I posted this in the nomination thread awhile back, and suggested it was an example of a good question:

Quote:
Watchman/Annihilation has a long ramp-up to achieve its maximum damage output. And, it relies on maintaining the Merciless/Annihilator buff or using Merciless Slash/Annihilate at least every 15s. Plus, ~40% of its damage comes from DoTs. These are easily removed negating much our the specs damage in PvP.

These two factors primarily make this spec inferior to the other available specs for PvP. If the goal is to make this a more viable PvP spec some necessary changes might include:

• Increasing the duration of the Annihilator buff and/or reducing the rate with which it falls off ie one stack at a time.
  • Making the DoTs unremovable or applying some other adverse event when removed like reducing healing received or slowing the target. (After all, if I was bandaged up after bleeding heavily I might not be so quick to charge back into action )

These are ideas the community has come up with. Does the development team have any other ideas to make this spec more viable in PvP? Are there plans to introduce any changes to increase its viability? If there is no goal to make this a more viable PvP spec, can you please explain this rationale?
The simple version of this question is why does Watchman/Annihilation under-perform in PvP. I know it is a bit wordy, but I think this could still count as one question. And, I think it would be great if something like this was asked.
Oofalong | Oofawrong | Incendiari | Uriyah | Litlah & More
Repoofalong | Tuamara | Liolami & More
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.