View Single Post

Synavix
07.27.2013 , 06:04 PM | #20
I'm a bit late to the party, but was a question not proposed in regards to our set bonuses? If that is the case, that would be my nomination for our PvE question. Specifically, something along the lines of:

-----

A lot of work has been done to shift the emphasis away from PvP grinding for the sake of PvE gearing with recent changes made to many relics. However, many Snipers and Gunslingers are still finding it far more advantageous to stack a 2 piece PvP set bonus along with their 2 piece PvE set bonus, largely because the 4 piece PvE set bonus is *bad*. The PvP set bonus not only provides more DPS in most single target situations, but provides significantly more utility in giving our best AoE a longer uptime...meaning less time your group has to spend on adds, or less "precision" with how you well you time your cast. Our 4 piece PvE set bonus, on the other hand, is almost useless for every spec except for pure Lethality, and with the changes made to energy costs (along with the inevitable increase in crit% with more gear to proc Lethal Purpose) even for Lethality it seems far less mandatory than other classes which receive a straight DPS increase. Are there any plans to (once again) rework any of the set bonuses with a future tier?

------

My vote would go to that as well, obviously.

I am not sure what your plans are for our third question, although I addressed that a bit in the PvP question topic. For those that have not already seen (I know Paowee has):

Quote:
With that said, we do have a third question available after our PvP and PvE ones are decided, and from the looks of it we could very easily get a hybrid PvP/PvE question out of questions 3 or 4.

(PvP) Question 3 fits right in with the PvE question of whether or not Laze Target will ever be addressed, and could potentially even be expanded to encompass cooldowns in general: both offensive and defensive. No reason to limit it to one or two specific abilities.

(PvP) Question 4 could be reworded to fit in with the PvE question 3, in regards to the balance issues of Lethality and whether or not we can see more of it's damage focus shifted back into single target sustained damage (to both buff the PvE DPS and shift some of the focus off "spam dotting" in PvP).