View Single Post

07.27.2013 , 12:18 PM | #17
With the roll engi/Sab has a reason to be brought on at least half of the bosses, which is better to say for some of the other specs in the game, but if we end up losing that roll then there no point of specing an engi/Sab spec unless its single target gets semi buffed.
Yep! I do hope, if we every end up asking this question, that Engineering scatter bombs is doing the DPS they intended >_<. I'd be semi-sad if they say,

Reason why i personally dont want engineering to become "just another dot class" is because right now, with its current reliance on the rolling mechanic to do top dps, it gives you a very high-risk high-reward form of playstyle. See this recent post on the Engineering sticky thread.

Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
That's great and all, but seeing as in most cases adds really are not a big deal and can just be killed in most cases by the rest of the single target dps, then what is the point of taking anybody in an AOE spec? Why should an AOE spec need fluff damage in order to be on par?
Oh wait till you do 16-m NiM Operator IX. Those adds melt (healers) and tanks!

There are SOME fights in the game where AoE damage is (semi) important but you are correct, right now there is more emphasis on single target DPS.

p.s. which Engineering CAN provide! The boss just gotta be large enough.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records