View Single Post

Choloe
07.24.2013 , 09:00 PM | #539
CZ-198 Application

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

I'm K'altor Chengon, freelance pilot, and yes, when you do your background check on me, I'm the same K'altor Chengon that was once a Jedi. Since leaving the order, the only good way to make credits is helping the 'war effort' - and I've had my fill of war, and just want to make the credits. Since Czerka has credits, I have a ship, I'm willing to use what's mine, to help you guys part with what you have.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.

I'm going to give you one, if this is not enough to show that I'm worthy of Czerka, I guess I'll find out of IA needs my skills...

A holo-recording is attached: When played:

{{Holo-recording begins]

K'altor Chengon stood in his Jedi robes, the anger on his face was evident by all in the room. Senator Nal Kruma was the first to address the young man who's fists were clenched tightly.

"Jedi Chengon, you seem to have demanded to speak with us, in spite of the Jedi Counsel informing you to report to the Jedi command ship. Your attack on the Republic soldiers in and of itself is an act of treason!"

"If I truly attacked the guards, they would be dead." K'altor spat out in disgust. "I simply informed them that they were hungry and they needed to eat."

Grand Master Satele Shan walked towards the young man and placed her hand on his shoulder "You are allowing your anger to to consume you. We understand your frustration, but now is not the time to..."

"Don't provide lessons now, Master Shan!" K'altor gently pushed the Grand Master's hand off his shoulder "You were not on Alderaan, you were not on Coruscant! And it seems quite convenient that the bureaucrats are only out to save themselves over the citizens of the Republic by signing something that is more like an order of surrender than an actual peace!! There are still Sith on Alderaan for stanging sake!"

"K'altor" Satele said softly "I was on Alderaan. You may have been too young to remember, but I was there. I do not mean to lecture you on the ways of the Order or the Force, but please, you are heading down a dark path. There is no place in the Jedi Order for more darkness."

"You're right!" K'altor spat out as he removed his Jedi robes onto the floor and tossed his lightsaber on the pile of clothing "I was expected to be made Knight, like my brothers. But I can not be associated with an organization that refuses to open their eyes to the suffering of the citizens of the Republic! I am leaving the Jedi Order, and you'll have to kill me if you want to gartal stop me."

"Guards!" an alien senator yelled "Arrest him!"

As the other troopers within the hall moved forward, the Grand Master raised her hand and softly said "No. Belay that order."

The guards stopped and looked at each-other, as Satele placed both hands on K'altor's shoulders this time and looked into the eyes of the near naked young man before her. "What will you do, K'altor? You are strong with the Force. What if the Empire captures you like they did your mother and sister? What if they turn you to the dark side and you become that which you currently hate?"

K'altor looked up at the Grand Master and closed his eyes, she felt the calm within the man before her "I'm taking ownership of the Republic freighter, and I'll help the Republic as a freelance pilot. I will suppress my Force abilities and not use them unless I return to the Order. But, know this, Master. I will not do so unless the Republic and the Jedi Order can prove to me that they are willing to win this war, and not lay down like a Nerf to the whims of the stanging Empire! And as for being captured by the Empire and forced to turn to the dark side, it'll be quite difficult for them to turn a corpse to the dark side! Because unlike the Jedi Counsel, I have no fear in dying to protect the Republic."

K'altor bowed to the Grand Master and walked out of the room.

{End-Holo-Recording}

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

If you watched the attached holo-recording, you've seen I've given up everything to prove myself.

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?

I'm a former Jedi - not a Jedi any longer. But It all depends on the questionable something. Harming an innocent? No kraffing way! Take out some corrupt Hutt, Imperial, or a Sith? No problem.

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?

I guess it depends on how 'esteemed' I feel about this colleague, right?
"Only a Sith thinks of the Force in terms of power, a Jedi listens and feels the Force to achieve harmony with the Galaxy, and complete control and mastery of the Force." - Ancient Jedi Master A'ahrun Chengon