View Single Post

07.24.2013 , 02:56 AM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post

CZ-198 Application

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?
I believe Czerka offers research opportunities simply not found in most, if not all, other companies. The huge product variety necessitates extensive research & development, from fundamental questions to solving problems with current products. Since the disbanding of Imperial Intelligence, I've been looking for an equally stimutlating environment that can, if supported by solid reasoning, supply me with any resource needed to further the boundaries of knowledge. I believe my knowledge would be most beneficial to Czerka's droid development or overall research units.
2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)
  1. Although not the most complicated achievement, it was still extremely satisfying to put my skills in engineering and engine design to a test by constructing a high-speed capable speeder bike. I expected to only craft one of these for myself, but feedback from colleagues encouraged me to offer custom built bikes for sale, a business which carried most of my expenses during my times of study.
  2. After I took an interest in cybertech engineering and all aspects of robotics early on, it was only logical to enroll in academic courses following both of these routes simultaneously. While the workload during this time was extreme, I'd rank the sense of accomplishment after graduating one of the highest points in my life.
  3. Probably the biggest achievement I can publicly speak of is the reason I was accepted into Imperial Intelligence. By exploiting a vulnerability in the translation and language libraries, I succeeded in transfering a number of self-coordinating AIs into the low-level memory of several protocol droids inside the Imperial Intelligence building on Dromund Kaas. This attack vector allowed to bypass the restraining bolts which were supposed to prevent the droids from saving and sending sensor telemetry to third parties outside of Imperial Intelligence. After three days of suvreillance, I sent all reports to the head of counter espionage... and started service with Imperial Intelligence shortly after.
3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?
Key factors were a solid education, a talent for research and planning, as well as perfect and calm (some might say ruthless) execution of the most promising plan I could think of. When tasked with a prolem of any kind, first exactly define the problem, then identify any expected problems. Formulate a strategy that allows you to bypass these problems. Follow this plan, while keeping an open mind in case any unexpected situations arise.

As for your last question, I think I've already made clear I wont let anything stand in my way when approaching a problem.
4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?
I think knowledge exists apart from morals and ethics. In the end, any knowledge will benefit the entire galaxy. Thus it would be selfish to stop any tasks based solely on moral consideration. We must not allow narrow-minded individuals to limit research and development based on arbitrary "morals". Stagnation means decay.
5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?
The situation piques my professional interest. Since I would most probably have realized the squad of self-coordinating security droids (containing Cellular Neural Network based computing cores) I've been thinking about lately, their computational capacity should be more than sufficient to assess the situation and respond accordingly. Should this, against all odds, fail to contain the experiment, I would activate secondary confinements and take telemetry to evaluate how the specimen reacts to stress (if applicable).

I hope this introduction is sufficient for you to consider my application and close with best regards,

Tacito Xenarion