View Single Post

Napalmed
07.23.2013 , 05:51 AM | #502
CZ-198 Application

Application for Position: Organism Handler

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

"Damn voice recorders...is this thing on? Ah hell with it I'll just talk and hope it works. Alright, the name's Major John Smith, but Havoc's started calling me Hannibal, somethin' about bein' their commander in chief, I dunno. Anyways, if you're wantin' the details I'm about six five in height, got a real mean right hook and can wrestle a Manka cat daddy if I have to. Anythin' to get the job done. Figure I'd be pretty good lookin' after the beasts that you Czerka lot are experimentin' on. I gotta' lot of endurance. Heck, if I can out-run a Rancor on Makeb I can throw it a slab o' meat too. How hard can it be?

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

"You mean *aside* from out-running an Rancor? Alright well I suppose becomin' a Republic Major at my age takes a lotta' guts don't it? Did a lotta' good things for the Republic workin' in the shadows behind General Garza and the Senate. Can't really talk about those much, classified information and all that - but let's just say I've spent a lotta' time lookin' down the business end of a blaster. A quieter job might let me catch a break for a change."

"Personally, I'd say resistin' those pretty female dancers on Coruscant is an achievement aswell. Jorgan wouldn't let me hear the end o' it for months. I've missed more than one good night thanks to my job with Havoc. All in the line of duty, right? *Sigh*"

"Third...Third...Well I guess lookin' after my team in operations gotta' count for somethin' right? They're not here so I can say this, but I wouldn't wanna see any of 'em fall in a fight y'know? I'm always gonna be the guy leaping in to take the hit from Vodal Kresh or the headbutt from Thrasher. Guess you could say I've grown kinda' fond of those guys. Their achievements are my achievements. We work well as a team. Christ I sound like a right sap, what's the next question?"

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

"Of course I'll do whatever it takes. Mind you, it depends on the situation. Sometimes success comes at too high a cost. If there's one thing I've learned in Havoc it's that sometimes you're braver to put down your weapon and surrender if it's gonna save the lives of innocents. They'll run free, and you're in deep poo-doo, but hey - you did the right thing. All that stuff I said before? I accomplished that because I worked every single day that I could. I started out as a cargo shipper on Ord Mantell when I was thirteen, if I hadn't had the guts to go sign up for service I'd still be shippin' spare parts in that god-awful Port 224B..."

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?

"Not my job to ask questions. Not gonna lie, I'm not gonna like it if I'm told to go bust up someone's facility if they've done nothin' to deserve it - but actions have consequences. I ain't some pansy soldier, but I'm not a dumb lackey either. You hire me, I work to order. It's simple as that. If you put out bad orders, there's gonna be consequences."

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?

" Aw man, you just *had* to mention drink didn't ya? I'm absolutely gasping for a glass of somethin' and I'm so far away from a cantina...Anyways. I think in that situation I'd probably have to restrain the experiment immediately. Can't have it rampaging around and breakin' any vital research equipment. Once secured I'd go find the handler responsible and give him a damn good earful for one, not doin' his job properly and two, costing me my lunch.

Honestly, it might be kinder to just throw him in with the thing and let it maul him 'cause I get mean when I'm hungry. I...uhhh... don't see any more questions on this thing, so I guess that's it huh? Thanks for readin' and considerin' me for the application. I'll keep an eye on my mail.

Major John Smith, signin' off!"