View Single Post

Nichos_Ketra
07.19.2013 , 11:33 AM | #435
CZ-198 Application

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

The name's Wald Timvarr. I'm a Skakoan cybernetics technician from the core worlds. I feel I could be a very valuable asset to Czerka's droid technology, cybernetics, and weapons divisions. Being part of Czerka Corporation would allow me to pursue my projects in peace and security, with any of the necessary resources and facilities I would require. Czerka would benefit from my expertise, taking their products leaps and bounds beyond those of their competitors. I would say it's a win-win.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

I was the one who developed the V1-FX Assault Droid, although I didn't get to see to its completion until after the initial conflict on Balmorra. It takes the base features of the heavy assault droids used by both the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire, and improves on them. Not only does it have more advanced weapons and defensive systems, but it also utilizes a creative AI core. If it ever encounters any issues during operation, it can learn to work around and even counter them, given enough time. I even designed it with manipulators, which the Republic and Empire models do not include. That's quite an oversight, in my professional opinion. The first units I constructed proved to be rather... unstable, but they still have their uses. The fifth unit still has his quirks, but is much more stable and reliable. Since I've worked out the last few potentially problematic bugs, he has begun field testing under a potential buyer for the model.

I also once developed and installed a custom cybernetic flight pack for a human smuggler by the name of Katsurou Akaro. I'll admit, I'm rather proud of that one. The system is completely self-sufficient and uses cutting edge propulsion systems and motivators to give the user an unprecedented level of flight control, without the need to frequently refuel. I even replicated the shape and flexibility of wings for added maneuverability and compactness when not in use. The only downside to the system is that it is fully connected with the subject's nervous system via his spinal column; any damage to the system will cause varying degrees of pain based on the damage inflicted. I'd offered him a procedure to shut off his pain receptors in the affected area, but he declined. Apparently he would rather feel the cybernetics as if they were a part of his own body rather than avoid the pain that would ensue, should his cybernetics system ever be damaged. I told him my offer still stands, should he ever change his mind.

I've even tried my hand at designing weapon systems from time to time. The CV-8 Rail Destroyer? That's my handiwork. It uses cutting-edge ballistics, propelled via a supercooled electromagnetic rail system for superior damage and range. It can even cut through solid durasteel from over half a kilometer, and still deal solid damage to a target on the other side. I've tested it to be capable of accurate fire at over ten kilometers, but most test subjects could only keep it steady enough to hit targets at just under a third of a hectometer. They told me it was due to the recoil, however I would say they just had poor gun arms, as I have already compensated for that drawback. I hear a certain female bothan "smuggler" managed to build a similar model while she was living on Nar Shaddaa, but I still say my model is superior. Even if it isn't, I'll just make a better one.

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

You could say that. Although I normally affiliate primarily with clients from the Galactic Republic, I have also worked with some from the Sith Empire, and even the Mandalorians from time to time so that I may continue my projects securely with all the resources that I require. I have to admit, I wouldn't have been able to get my hands on some of the resources for my various projects if I had not been willing to work with whoever had what I needed.

I would say I would be willing to do whatever it takes, depending on what kind of work I would be doing. I am not averse to testing experimental technology on living subjects, should the need ever arise, including field testing weapons in live fire situations. I advance my research and development, and governments and armed forces get to advance their own agendas. I would say that this benefits both sides of any arrangements made adequately.

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?

That depends on your definition of morals. I would say that I have, but I have encountered many people during my line of work who would say that I don't. I would say that they're too picky about what they choose to believe is right and what is wrong. So what if I installed an untested cybernetic system in a patient that one time? Sure, I ran basic checks on it before installing it, but only by putting it in a real patient could its capabilities truly be tested and ensured. Besides, I did offer the client a potential treatment for the system's main side-effect, even if he did refuse it. If it meant the difference between success and failure of a project, I would most likely agree should anything more... questionable be asked of me.

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?

I would activate several of my personal assistant droids - which are more than adequately combat ready - to handle the situation. They could oversee returning containment; allowing me to relax and partake of Czerka's complimentary snacks and cocktails, all while watching over them to ensure containment is returned smoothly.