View Single Post

AlexDougherty
07.19.2013 , 03:08 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
I'd actually agree to the X-wing (preferably the more advanced GA versions) as #1 though I'm a big fan of the TIE Defender. I'd also say TIE Avenger is a good #2.

My #3 though would definitely be the TIE Defender over the ARC. It has arguably greater versatility and agility than the ARC while having a single pilot on a traditionally fear-inspiring frame. The ion cannons, hyperdrives, versatile weapon bays, I'd say the Defender is an amazing tool for a vast assortment of missions and it is still rugged enough to decimate enemy fighters in a fleet action as well. TIE Defenders are also notoriously difficult for X-wing pilots to bring down and put one in the hands of Rouge Squadron...

Some contenders I'd suggest (though not sure where exactly they'd go). E-wing, TIE Phantom, TIE Advanced, and Chiss Clawcraft.
Yes but the B-wing was always more powerful than the X-wing, whenever they updated the X-wing, they also updated the B-wing. The Mon Calamari who designed it insisted that it be kept up to date, and it was easier for the Republic to agree than have endless discussions. So the B-wing is always ahead of the X-wing.

That said I do prefer the X-wing to the B-wing aesthetically.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.