View Single Post

Dink
07.17.2013 , 11:03 AM | #316
Security or Research.

CZ-198 Application

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

I've spent the better part of the last decade searching for my two brothers, hunting them to atone for their actions against my family - the family they destroyed when they attacked our parents, killing our mother and resigning our father to a life of constant medical care on Coruscant. The years haven't been easy, and although I've come close to finding them, they've alluded my grasp each time I've grown near. In my pursuit, I've nearly depleted the resources left in our family vault with travel expenses, requisitioning intelligence from information brokers, equipment upgrades, and repairs. I've managed to find an occasional job to help supplement the cost needed to continue my quest, but the galaxy can be...shall we say "cruel", in how it constantly siphons away anything in excess...and the Hutts haven't made things any easier with their gluttonous tendencies.

I want to join Czerka in order to have some security - not in protection for myself, but as a safety net for continued income as I continue my search. Yes, my revenge may be my undoing in the end, but I am persistent and faithful, 100%. I live by my promises, my dedication, and my word is my bond, and any who employ me soon realize that if they want the job done right, they need not look further.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

I tend not to catalog milestones in my life as vanity is nothing more than a reflective pool with no depth, but if it's a requirement of employment, the following should suffice:

i. During a transport to Coruscant, our vessel came under attack. I managed to lead a small group through their forces, battling our way to the bridge where we fought and defeated a powerful Sith Apprentice. It was my first encounter with the Sith, a group of beings I had thought long dead, but grew to realize they had once again surfaced in the galaxy, so it's now become a side-mission of mine to aid the Republic whenever I can as I continue the search for my brothers.

ii. In my travels following the trail of my brothers, I was eventually led to a prison planet where its inhabitants were in constant battle with themselves, as well as both the Republic and Empire. This "Tomb" as it was come to be known as, held various criminals, some who had practiced a meta-science mixed with elements and magic, others simply enemies of the republic that were sentenced to a life of imprisonment rather than an execution. When I arrived on the planet, looking into a lead I had acquired from an informant in House Organa, I learned of an impending attack on the Warden of the prison - having aided him with some "housekeeping" amongst the inmates, I felt obliged to aid in his defense of the control station. Several inmates were killed in this battle, but I felt no remorse for their demise as their condemnation was just.

iii. As I've traveled the galaxy, I've made some enemies as well as some friends - friends that I've helped when they've had no other recourse, enemies I've defeated when they've given me none. I take no pride in the destruction of others, of life, but there are times when certain actions are needed in order to help the greater good, to progress an event-part of a chain, to impact the force with a ripple spreading across all life, felt in the deepest corners of shadows. I stand for what will preserve our very existence, not defined by the limits of the Jedi Council (as my parents taught me), but by life itself - this is my goal, my path, my greatest accomplishment after I'm gone.

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

I do what is needed, when it is needed. It may be a thin line I walk, but my balance has never faltered, neither has my focus on my own, or any other task presented before me.

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?

The life I've chosen has brought me to many passes, some I've overcome easily, others I've had to struggle with both internally, and physically. The path I take may not be as true as the Jedi way might define, but it is what I've chosen, and one which I believe is just. My morality is defined by the balance I keep, one that sees both the light and the dark as I venture, but also serves a higher purpose of life. Choices I make, doors I open, actions I take - each is towards the goal I seek, and each is with purpose.

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?

If my task is to preserve this experiment, I'll act accordingly and take whatever steps needed to regain control. If it threatens those that can not defend themselves, I will take action to aid them - it all depends on the terms presented and what my role is in the experiment itself as the expected outcome may involve some sacrifice as an intended course of action.
Rebuc Arisso ::: Major :::
Eternal Vigilance. :::
The 'Ideal Guild Quiz' :::